I.M.S. is a leading of marine surveyors and port services with Branches cover all Egyptian main ports. The company has been providing expert technical services to Insurance Cos., Shipping Cos., Ship Owner’s Cos., Charterers, Operators, P&I Clubs and Maritime Lawyers for over 20 years.
Our services cover all naval architectural, marine engineering and nautical aspects of ship and offshore design, construction and operation. The services provided include all stage from survey through physical investigation, review of documents, analysis, report preparation, rebuttal, briefing of lawyers and the preparation and presentation of expert evidence. I.M.S. Head office located in Alexandria/Egypt and we have our branches all around Egyptian ports with qualified and experienced staff (25 persons) working 24 hours, 7 days a week.
In addition to litigation support, I.M.S. provides a range of advanced consultancy services, based on extensive practical and theoretical experience. The resources and skills developed in the course of this practical consultancy are utilized during the investigation of disputes, enabling the company to handle major multi-disciplinary investigation, as well as small scale actions. Efficiently and cost effectively.
Litigation support is often carried out especially where we have been or have become involved in large or complex claims. We are able to carry out research, consult experts and prepare reports as required.
(I.M.S-Egypt) Certified Marine Surveyors by
I.M.S Independent Marine Surveyors Recognized by:
1. Marine Surveyors Certified by “The Grain & Feed Trade Association (G.A.F.T.A).
2. Marine Surveyors Certified by “National Association of Marine Surveyors” (N.A.M.S – C.M.S)- U.S.A
3. Marine SurveyorS Certified by General association of Egyptian Insurance Control - (E.I.C.A.)
4. Cargo Recovery Consultants ltd. - England.
5. West of England P&I Club - England
6. DARAG Rostock P&I Club - Germany.
I.M.S Independent Marine Experts and Surveyors deal with Surveys for:
1- Cargo surveyors
2- Marine surveyors
I.M.S. is involved with all ship types. These include:
- Bulk carriers - tugs of all types
- Container ships - offshore supply &support vessels
- Tankers - Dredgers
- Ro-Ro ferries - fishing vessels
- Passenger ships - luxury yachts
- Fast ferries - Refrigerated cargo ships
- Cable ships - high speed catamarans
- General cargo ships - dp research vessels
I.M.S independent marine experts and surveyors deal with surveys for:Cargo surveyors
· Quality inspection and cargo surveys
· Supervision of loading and/or discharging
· Draft surveys, tank calibration table
· Quality Inspection (pre-shipment)
· P & I surveys / services
· Damage cargo survey
· Ascertaining the quantity and quality of bulk liquid cargo
· Investigation of shortage and contamination of bulk cargo
· Container condition and/or damage surveys
· Agriculture product (quantity/quality) inspections
· Hull & machinery surveys
· Condition, hull & machinery survey
· Dry dock
· Sale and purchase
· Acceptance and trials
· Certifying progress and reports
· Marine consultants
· Pre-shipment/arrival conditions
· Surveys &investigation of damage & loss
· P & I clubs survey
· P & I services
· Classification requirements
· Vessel’s evaluation
· Damage control
· On hire of hire
In recent times we have seen a much greater interest taken in risk management. We have become involved in several large movement projects where our expertise in the practical aspects of packaging, handling and damage avoidance has been requested.
All our offices are able to carry out Pre-packaging, pre-loading, pre- shipment, wharf loading, discharge and delivery surveys.
The following uses the term “insurers” to mean the instructing principal. We accept from insurers, shipping companies, P& I clubs, forwarders, carriers and lawyers.
· Initial contact – within one hour
Contact client as soon as possible and at least within one hour, of receiving instructions.
· Survey- same day
Arrange to carry out survey on the same day as appointment or as required by circumstances.
· Recovery rights- same day notice
Identify any third party liability issues and ensure legal rights of recovery are preserved on day of appointment ensuring joint survey offers are made and confirmed in writing with appropriate parties.
· Liaison with insured
Highlight the crucial aspects of the claim with the insured and identify those areas, if any, which will require detailed investigation. Maintain close contact with insured so claim is progressed promptly confirm that the insured is aware of any aspects of the claim which might affect policy response or coverage.
· Reports to insurer
Same day (as appointment) preliminary advice by phone, e-mail or fax to insurer with similar to broker if such liaison is required. Formal report with all available relevant documentation is sent to insurer, by fax or e-mail, within 48 hours of survey.
Follow up with mailed/courier original documents as required.
Insurers will be advised and approval sought before appointment of expert consultants.